Saturday, September 10, 2011

Mummy's annual weekend off

Yes, its been a while hasn't it? No apologies...blame Facebook, life, laziness or whatever takes your fancy.

I could spend this post filling you in on our exciting summer, full of visits from family and friends and trips to the english countryside and the italian lakes (well, one of them). I could even talk about what a great rentrée my kids had this week, what fun and exciting new activities they are taking up this year, my return to french classes and running and my recent conversion to vegetarianism. But no, I think you'd much rather hear where I am having my weekend off this year, wouldn't you?

This fabulous tradition has taken place every year now since 2008 when I went to Marseille . That was my first trip away and it was only for a day. Since then, I've had a trip to Milan in 2009, and trips to Chicago and Barcelona in 2010. Hmmm, 2010 was a rather special year as I escaped twice!

But that all seems like years ago and it is high time for another escapade. And what could be better than a little trip to Belgium. Yes, despite the fact that they sold out in 17 minutes, I managed to get my hands on some tickets for New Order's reunion show. So in a little more than a month I will be hotfooting it to Brussels to wave my lighter in the air (or it is an iPhone these days) and sing "oh you've got green eyes, oh you've got blue eyes, oh you've got grey eyes..."

2 comments:

Thrifted Treasure said...

Oh I'm more than slightly jealous!!! Think I need to make a new tradition in our house of me getting a weekend away every year :-) Have a great time!

Penny said...

TT, I highly recommend it!!