Thursday, September 29, 2011

Le Creuset

Although I have stopped eating meat, I still cook it for the family and it has made meal preparation a little more of a challenge. I realized I needed a small frying pan in which to cook their meat so I could add it to whatever else I was making later. All this to justify why I *needed* a Le Creuset frying pan! Of course, a new one was a little out of my budget so I have been looking at ebay and le bon coin. What I would have loved is a marmitout - where you have a saucepan with a frying pan that doubles as a lid. But they are rather hard to come by second hand. So in my search for a small frying pan, I came across someone selling a mix of stuff for 20€. Here's what I got: an almost brand new dutch oven, a saucepan, a fabulous old gratin dish (perfect for tartiflette) and the exact style of little frying pan that I was after. Bargain!

4 comments:

Thrifted Treasure said...

OMG FAB price! Love them all! Le Creuset is so expensive here in Oz, I have a collection of vintage stuff but for my birthday I'm getting some of the new coastal blue pieces, of course I didn't pay David Jones prices, I've ordered them off John lewis in the UK who are now delivering to Australia, yaaay!!! I've actually bought a couple of vintage pieces off eBay in France too, still cheaper than eBay Australia!

Penny said...

Yeah I still cant get over what a bargain this was. Lucky I have very little cupboard space or I would be looking for more!!!

jaridit misr said...

thank you

fakr gidid said...

thank you