Sunday, 16 May 2010

Three years!

We are celebrating the three year anniversary of our arrival in France today! So a big thank you to everyone - all our friends and family in Oz and elsewhere around the world who have kept in touch and made us feel like we weren't so far away, my wonderful friends here (merci, les filles!), all my blogging and other expat friends who helped keep me going when times were tough and most of all Réné! WTF? Remember Réné, our old neighbour? Well, if it hadn't been for him making my life so damned miserable for the first 18 months, I'd never have been motivated to find our new apartment, one where we all feel so at home.

So thanks everyone!!

8 comments:

screamish said...

only three years?? it seems longer..I remember now your grumpy neighbour...but now you've got a fantastic flat overlooking the river, gorgeous...

Justin said...

Happy Franciverary! I hope you are celebrating it with all the wonderful French treats that i miss.

Thrifted Treasure said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Yes that neighbour was a right old sh*te wasn't he!!! So happy you guys are living such a great life there, my hubbie's been doing French lessons twice a week just in case it happens for us someday :-)

screamish said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
screamish said...

hi penny...drop me a line on my blog so i can write to you direct...email would be good...bises

Penny said...

Hi Screamish - left you a message with my email :)

Penny said...

Screamish - David often says it seems like about 20 years!

Thanks Justin :)

Thrifted Treasure - but how would you bring all your great stuff?! That is really good that he is working on his french though - you never know! The aussie dollar is behaving much better now than it was 18 months ago :)

steph said...

merci à toi penny!!! c'est toujours un plaisir de partager des moments ensemble :)
plein de bisous à vous 4! à+