Monday, 3 May 2010

Gotta love Amazon!

I try not to order too many books online. For starters, until recently, we had nowhere to put them. Also, left to my own devices, I can whip through a crappy thriller (in english) in an afternoon/evening so it becomes an expensive habit. So mostly I content myself with the library where every now and then I find something new in english I want to read, and otherwise I pick up easy-ish to read thrillers in french.

But, I was recently the lucky recipient of an amazon gift voucher so one night I stayed up late and looked up a few fav authors who I've lost track of since the move. I thought I'd order everything from the one secondhand seller and save money by combining postage. Obviously, I don't do this a lot as it appears that posting everything separately must be how they make their money.

So, I came home to this today...


Yes, six of the seven books I've ordered have already arrived...it was a bit like Christmas...until I got them all unwrapped and wondered what Father Christmas was smoking...


Can you pick the odd one out? Yes, instead of another Robert Goddard thriller, I got this...


I'm actually tempted to keep it. For one, my time in sending it back to change it is worth more than I paid for the book and two, well, after reading the Lost Symbol, it just might be interesting!

But for now, I am 70 pages into the new Guillaume Musso - its great! I wish he'd do a book signing in Annecy...

2 comments:

screamish said...

ha ha! thats great. the universe must be sending you secret messages. perhaps they want converts?

Penny said...

Maybe - but I think I'd need a sex-change first!!