Tuesday, 25 May 2010

First randonnée

We put off doing any bushwalks with the kids last summer as Jasper basically didn't like walking, anywhere! Now that he is a bit bigger, we thought we'd give it a go. Its a nice walk up to the forest here, as you pass the Basilique and then not far along there are a few different trails to choose. We walked for quite a while through the forest, collecting sticks and rocks and seedpods, and then took a trail down to Sevrier where we decided to check out a restaurant called "Le Poisson Rouge" which had been recommended ages ago by a friend. We had a fantastic seafood lunch (well, Jasper ate steak haché although Lily turned her nose up at her's and I don't blame her - it was bluer than blue! Jasper gobbled it down.) Then we walked back home along the bikepath and the lakefront where possible. All up, the kids did wonderfully, considering that we walked 10.5kms!







5 comments:

The Telfers at Warragal Park said...

What a great walk. I must say that Jasper did very well, but it sounds like you made it a fun walk instead of hurrying him, which is good. I could walk for 10.5kms here and I wouldn't get anywhere near a place that serves food. Or anywhere near a place! I think your sort of walk sounds much more fun.

Rosebank Magic said...

That looks beautiful and in full sunshine as well. Quite an effort for Jasper and Lily - well done all of you!

But do you mean that both the children had steak at a seafood restaurant - it sounds as though you have a little educating to do there!

Robert A. has just finished walking Offas Dyke in Wales, I would love to do that.

Justine said...

Umm, bush walks with restaurants? You're kidding right?

Penny said...

Thanks Caroline! We just headed in the right direction

Mum - well we don't eat much steak at home and we eat a lot of fish So I cant blame them

Justine - yes, well, we didn't take any lunch with us as I thought we'd be home in an hour but they surprised us with how much they'd walk...

Maaike said...

That walk to the poisson rouge was one of my favorite memories in Annecy. Walking past all the families gathered in spots along the water, chewing bread and sipping rosé. I think that is when I knew I had to be in France! Beautiful walk!