Saturday, 3 April 2010

Its days like these...

you wish you had a Brumby's downstairs instead of a patisserie!

I spent ages making the hot cross buns yesterday. I even put spices in them, unlike those I made two years ago. The spice mix wasn't quite right but they didn't taste too bad last night. This morning, even reheated, they tasted like rock cakes. I know what went wrong. I didn't let them rise enough. But I was trying to get them done for goûter. As it was we ended up eating them at about 6pm. I should have just let them rise more and served them for the dessert but the kids couldn't wait! Next year I think I'll try a new recipe...

Putting on the crosses (must remember to buy an icing bag next year)

Shame they didn't taste even half as good as they looked

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Mmmm, Brumby's.

Andrea said...

They have no idea how to make baguettes though.

Penny said...

This is true!