Tuesday, 9 March 2010

What, no photo?

Well, its been a while and I was just about to plug the camera in and add some photos when I realized David has taken it with him to Paris. So words will have to suffice. He's away for two bedtimes which is good practice for the kids for when I go away for four whole nights soon. I'll be winging it to Chicago to meet a bunch of online buddies who helped save my sanity about 9 years ago when the hard reality of life taught me that every positive pregnancy test does not result in a screaming, drooling baby. Over the years, we've been there for each other through ups and downs and I can't wait to meet them for real.

In between writing packing lists and directions on how to use the washing machine and worrying abut how my darlings will survive without me, I have been coping with the freezing bloody cold weather. About a week ago, it was so warm, I spring-cleaned the balcony and we ate lunch outside. Now winter is back with a vengeance just to remind us spring does not officially start until March 20.

In the meantime, I've been making sure we eat as much melted cheese as is humanely possible before the weather warms up but my posts about Mont d'Or will have to wait until next time, when I get the camera back...

6 comments:

screamish said...

Lucky you going all the way to the US§ It must be bizarre to be away from the kids..but nice.

I hope you have a great time catching up with your friends- hopefully it won't be as cold. It snowed here yesterday again! Couldn't get the pram out as usual so we're all a little stir crazy here today...

Penny said...

Yes, well, I am still amazed I booked the tickets. But it will probably do us all good - they do take me for granted somewhat! No snow here at the moment but I have no desire to go outside...

Thrifted Treasure said...

Hope you have a fab time! How lovely that after all you have been through you'll be able to share stories with your friends of your 2 beautiful healthy kids :-)

misschris said...

Chicago is one of my favorite cities! You'll have a good time. We were in Annecy for one night last week. It's too bad we didn't get to meet up but it was a whirlwind trip and of course I don't know where you live or anything! It was freezing and I took the kids by the lake to the playground but not for long!! My fingers were completely numb on the walk back. I forgot how cold it can get by the lake.

Cham mum said...

Hey Penny

It has been ages since I visited your blog, but wanted to reassure you about your trip… I recently went to Colombia for 7 days. It was the first time that I left the kids & as the husband only here at the weekends, I wondered how they would all get on for the week. It went like a dream: with all the usual ups & downs (one of my worries had been that the boys would have much more fun with daddy than with me…). It was wonderful to breathe as an independent person for almost a week & equally wonderful to come back home & be omnipresent & back in the thick of things. Have a wonderful time. Every moment is precious, so throw yourself into enjoying the trip – as seems to be the case more than ever, the time will fly past very quickly!
Enjoy! N

Cham mum said...

Hey Penny

It has been ages since I visited your blog, but wanted to reassure you about your trip… I recently went to Colombia for 7 days. It was the first time that I left the kids & as the husband only here at the weekends, I wondered how they would all get on for the week. It went like a dream: with all the usual ups & downs (one of my worries had been that the boys would have much more fun with daddy than with me…). It was wonderful to breathe as an independent person for almost a week & equally wonderful to come back home & be omnipresent & back in the thick of things. Have a wonderful time. Every moment is precious, so throw yourself into enjoying the trip – as seems to be the case more than ever, the time will fly past very quickly! N