Tuesday, 26 January 2010

Goodbye, old friend!



My lovely old sunflower design iMac died this morning. I was woken by the sound of David's printer restarting after a power outtage, coincidentally seconds before my alarm went off. And my first thought was for my iMac which I had left on, and which had suffered a few power cuts lately due to the stove tripping the power safety switch. I was right, of course. When I gave its mouse its usual morning wakeup shuffle, shortly after feeding the cat, I was greeted by a continually black screen. It was old, I know, but it worked great. We have everything backed up so I'll be able to recover all my stuff when we eventually buy me a new Mac. And, in the meantime, David fortunately upgraded his Powerbook last year, so I have his old one to use. But its not the same. I dont want new and modern, I want my old one back! Was there ever such a beautifully designed desktop computer?

3 comments:

Rosebank Magic said...

That's sad!

It is a piece of classic design.

Such a shame that they don't continue to make them in that style.

screamish said...

i'd love a mac- the idea of having your computer IN the screen..not taking up 28 hectares of desk space. but windows had sucked me in, and now i know nothing else...

Penny said...

Screamish, repeat after me "macs are good, ok?" ;-)