Saturday, 14 November 2009

La fête du Caïon

We had easy access to the pig festival this year as its in an adjoining street. I probably don't need to say again how much I love living in this area of town! We got downstairs early before the crowds were too bad - saw the pigs (including the enormous boar who is the subject of a weight-guessing competition), watched the apple pressing and bought some fresh juice, listened to a very cool band and had some vin chaud. Not a bad start to the weekend...

A birdseye view of the blood sausage makers from our bedroom window

Apple pressing

The big fella!



2 comments:

screamish said...

"A birdseye view of the blood sausage makers from our bedroom window"

Did you ever think you would actually write a sentence like that?

One of the perks of living in France!!

Rosebank Magic said...

I agree with Screamish - That sentence is a ripper!
The blood sausage men made me feel a little sqweamish when I watched them at work - but I love the freshly pressed apple juice. A glass or two would go down rather well right now.