Saturday, 14 November 2009

Fondue!

I cant believe its taken me almost 2 1/2 years to cook my first fondue. Quite disgraceful considering we live in the land of cheese. Anyway, after enjoying a very good fondue chez Stéphanie recently, I decided to try my own. Really not very difficult considering all I had to do was go to our normal cheese seller at the markets and tell him how many of us there were. He then gave me the correct amounts of the three cheeses (comté, beaufort and gruyère suisse) and the rest was easy. We even pulled out a family heirloom - the Giorgi family fondue set, complete with bright orange flowery pattern - and we were away! All up, a very yummy easy meal....



1 comment:

Claudia - La casa nella prateria said...

We are addicted to fondue! We eat one almost every weekend in winter!