Monday, 5 October 2009

What I did last summer....

I've been a bit quiet here about my summer project as lets face it, I'm not renown for my follow though (knitting, Flylady anyone?).

But I am pleased to announce that over summer I completed the Couch to 5k running program. For those who've never heard of it, its a 9 week program designed to get almost anyone up and running 30 minutes or 5ks 3 times a week. As its been about 7 years since I've run regularly, I decided to start at the beginning and take it really slowly. And it worked really well. I'm now running 30 minutes 3 times a week. Its probably not quite 5k as I know what it feels like to run 5ks in 22.5 minutes (oh, those were the days!) and it doesn't feel much like that. But at least I am out there.

With winter coming up, I may have to invest in some new gear but so far so good. And I'll take a gamble and announce I'm following another new program called the One Hour Runner, designed to, surprise surprise, build up to running for an hour. I'm not sure if I'll continue it. That will depend on my knees and I doubt I'll be running the Annecy Marathon next April but it feels good to be running again.

2 comments:

Ksam said...

Congratulations! A bunch of my friends have also done this program, and I just started it today. It's encouraging to see so many others have been able to stick with it to the end.

Penny said...

Good luck with the program Ksam! I hope you stick it out. The change from week 1 to week 9 is amazing but so gradual its not that hard!

:)