Saturday, 10 October 2009

Thank you Women's Weekly

One of my favourite presents as a child was a cookbook I was given at about 9. It was from my english grandmother and so was full of strange recipes for things like "Toad in the Hole". I have fond memories of my brother and I making cheese wrapped hot dogs and other delights during the school holidays.

I've been looking for a good kid's cookbook for Lily but specifically an australian one so it was in english and with all the measurements we're used to. So I was pleased to see an extract of a new cook book called Little Kitchen in this month's WW. We tried a few of the recipes together with Lily doing most of the work. Their little egg and bacon breakfast pies were a huge hit as were the crunchy chicken fingers. Not so keen on the pancakes - they needed sugar! But the recipes are nicely illustrated and simple to follow. One for the Christmas list!

Making crunchy chicken fingers

2 comments:

Rosebank Magic said...

I've got it under control. Great photos and the recipes sound really good. Lily is obviously enjoying herself.

Rosebank Magic said...

I've got it. I was looking for a Women's Weekly book but got myself sorted out eventually. I'll send it over for Christmas.
By the way, do you still have the book from Granny Jo?