Saturday, 31 October 2009

Bulbs are in...

Well, the geraniums are still in full bloom and are very happy with our cold nights and sunny days. I tossed the last tomato plant and we finally got the bulbs in. We have four tubs of bulbs that will hopefully bloom in spring. I'm a little concerned that the cover I have had to put on them to keep the cat from digging them up will keep them a little warm. I also don't have a spot out of the sun on the balcony as it gets a lot of sun in winter. Hopefully they wont sprout early! But still, everyone had fun getting dirty and surely they will be more successful than my dismal attempt at growing bulbs in Brisbane....





1 comment:

Rosebank Magic said...

Have you thought of putting the bulbs on the landing at the top of your stairs - or would they be in the way of others in the building. They don't need any light as long as it is cold enough.
Another thought is to take the cover off them at night when Puddy (presumably) is inside.