Tuesday, 10 March 2009

Apartment update

Things move slowly here. There is truly no sense of urgency by any of the parties involved to get us into the new apartment. If I hear "end of the month" one more time, I'll scream! We should be signing a lease soon, then the bank will start the new caution bancaire. At least when we sign the lease, we should get a date to move in. In the meantime, I have been calling removalists to come around and give us quotes. Its been quite good practice for my french as I tend to shy away from speaking on the phone and palm phone calls off onto David as often as possible. Next up, I have to call some charities to give away some of our old baby things and Lily's bed which is just too big for her new room! And we have a potential tenant coming around to view our old apartment today - hope they like it - it would save us a LOT of money.

No comments: