Thursday, 26 February 2009

On the move!

We were accepted today for the new apartment! What a relief! It may take a while to sort out all the paperwork with the caution bancaire but I hope we can move within a month. I will be a bit sad to leave what has been our home here for the first almost two years, but I think we will all be a lot happier where the kids can play and run around without disturbing neighbours downstairs. The new apartment is above a shop and should be a lot better insulated as it is old (18th century). Its got a big balcony and a lovely outlook (if I say too much anyone walking around the Old Town will be able to work out where it is!). I am really looking forward to living somewhere with some character again and cant wait to get in there...

8 comments:

Peggy said...

Congratulations.

Thrifted Treasure said...

Well done!! It will make such a huge difference for you not having to worry about your grumpy neighbour, I so hope he gets the neighbours from hell after you go!

Rochelle said...

Oh that's great! Congratulations!!! :)

I think the fact that now you don't have to worry about the kids 'making noise' is going to improve your quality of life a lot.

Plus, I know that like me you have a soft spot for the old buildings in France so you must be really happy about the move.

Pictures!

misschris said...

Oh how fun. I bet you will love living in the old town!

screamish said...

photos!!! does it have a view? do have old walls and can you see gargoyles????

Milie said...

Well done!

French for a While said...

We're very jealous! We live in a great place now, but would love a place in an old village -- with 'character'!

Penny said...

Thanks for all the enthusiasm! I am so bad at keeping up this blog. I'm surprised I still have any readers!

Screamish - no gargoyles but yes to the rest. I have only seen it once so will post some photos when we move in

:)