Friday, 19 September 2008

How cool is this?

Something very interesting has happened here over the last few days. I've realized that I have started thinking in french! I'm rather surprised to say the least. It tends to happen more if I've been out chatting to someone in french then my brain seems to continue on when I'm alone. On the way home from school this morning, I noticed lots of trucks parked in my way and thought "il y a beaucoup de camions là-bas, je passe pas là." It must be noted, of course, that my subconscious mind does not use correct grammar or conjugation! But hey, its a start!

8 comments:

Justin said...

How great Penny! I am sure you are already dreaming in French as well. I do both, but it is always such a complete mélange of the two.

Guera said...

Ooh! That is definitely a significant and exciting milestone! Well done!

LT said...

Oh that's fantastic! I can't wait till that happens to me!

Spacemom said...

Wicked cool!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome Penny - congratulations!! Next you'll have to start speaking English with a cool French accent!! :o)

K
xx

Penny said...

Nah Kate - that would just be downright obnoxious!! :)

The Telfers In France said...

A while back when we were on holidays I heard Sophie talking in her sleep. And she was talking in French!! That freaked me out...

Miles Away In France said...

Brilliant. You are a lot further on with the language than I am.

Racheal