Thursday, 4 September 2008

Fifteen years!

Fifteen years ago today David and I met at an art opening at a tiny art gallery in Red Hill Brisbane (which last time I looked is now a hairdresser). He lived just around the corner and had wandered down with his neighbour Josephine (who wore bright bright blue eye shadow and incidentally used to own an apartment in Paris which is now worth a squillion euros). I went with my mate Lisa. Lisa and I, being the resourceful 20-somethings that we were, took our own bottle of champagne, just in case, heaven forbid the free alcohol ran out. It did and David and Josephine started to help themselves to our bottle. I went over to stake our claim, fell under the spell of lovely brown eyes and that funny french accent that used to emerge when he spoke english while he was a bit tipsy and the rest as they say was history. Who would have thought that 15 years later, having been through good times and horrendous ones, we would be living in France with two amazing kids. Bon anniversaire mon cœur!

8 comments:

La casa nella prateria said...

Bon anniversaire!

Rosebank Magic said...

Congratulations! it doesn't seem that long since the story about the 'french prize'.

Le Tigre in France said...

Happy Anniversary! I love your meeting story, how cool! How did David end up coming to Australia incidentally?

steph said...

joyeux anniversaire!! il faut que tu me racontes en français cet épisode de la rencontre :)

Penny said...

Le tigre - he moved there when he was about 13 from Switzerland (where he did his schooling in french). They were looking for a warmer climate for his mum who was ill...

Merci Steph - je t'expliquerai le prochaine fois je te vois

:)

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Happy Anniversary, a lovely story :-)

Anonymous said...

You two are eternal romatics I love it. Wow if someone called me "mon ceur" I would go week at the knees. Bon Anniversaire les amoureux
mimi

Piero P said...

My God, 15 years! When will you two stop making me feel so old? But I am so happy that legally-minded Penny defended her bottle, so now I have an extra lovely daughter and two lovely grand-children on the top. I am really lucky. Well done Penny & David!
Nonnopiero