Sunday, 13 July 2008

New Order saves the day

Jasper and I have made a lot of progress towards weaning. He now only has two feeds a day - one after 6am in the morning and one after his bath at night. He goes off to sleep okay at night much of the time and he only wakes up a couple of times before 6am - strange as it sounds this is actually progress.

But every now and then, he forgets he's been fed at 6am and gets really pissed off when he doesn't get another feed after it. Like when he woke up at 730am today and screamed like a banshee for 45 minutes, while I tried all my tricks to calm him down and distract him - the sweetest drinkable yoghurt on the planet, a bowl of his favourite cereal (dry oats with sugar), classical music, talking to Lily, going out in the cold on the balcony and finally screaming back at him. But nothing worked until we had a look at you.tube. My favourite trip back to my youth these days is New Order. So we had a look at this great clip and he calmed right down. So here is New Order live at the BBC on a hot summer's day in 1984 (check out Bernard's shorts if you dont believe me!). Oh you've got green eyes, oh you've got blue eyes, oh you've got grey eyes....

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

New Order have the same effect on me....and I never, met, anyone, quite like you before.....

Anonymous said...

I so love that surfing youtube is an acceptable alternative to boob!! What on earth did we do without the net!? How did our parents ever cope??

K
xx

Le Tigre in France said...

oh I loveeeeeeee New Order, especially this song. Swoon.

screamish said...

those shorts...those socks..those shoes...that hair!!!