Tuesday, 22 July 2008

More aussies in Annecy


We've been sticking close to home this week as I've started toilet training Jasper. But we popped out to join the Telfer's for a picnic lunch today. Farmers from Darkan, WA, they are in France for a one year house exchange and made a day trip to Annecy. It was fun for the kids to meet up and great for me to have a nice casual chat with some other aussies. Lovely to meet you all!

And as for the toilet training, I don't want to jinx myself but let's just say so far its been a lot easier than it was with his big sister!

6 comments:

Justin said...

That's great that you got some time out with some Aussy friends. I know I certainly enjoy people from home every so often. Also good luck with the potty training!

Le Tigre in France said...

Wow that water looks amazing....sun and water! I've forgotten what that combination was like!

The Telfers In France said...

You beat me to it!!!
But soon you'll see yourself on my blog too...
We enjoyed meeting you and the kids. Afterwards we tried to walk through the old town but I got chinese burns on my forearm from the child I was trying to drag. It wasn't enough fun just looking, so we went back to the water and took a boat ride. A lovely day, but sadly spoilt by some bad behaviour by one of the gang.
You live in a lovely town!
Caro.

JoJK said...

Rafael trained himself in a week...sometimes you just get lucky! Could be the name...Jasper is looking more and more like Kynan's little boy Benjamin: I'll have to send you a photo!

Are your friends related to a Shay Telfer, Perth, WA, IT professional? Cousins perhaps?

Jo

Jennie said...

Hey, I think I've come across their blog before! They look awfully familiar! :) Yay for more Aussies in Annecy!

screamish said...

I went to their blogsite and they look like they're having a ball! A years exchange sounds great....great for the kids (what a BIG family!)