Thursday, 5 June 2008

I can see the light!

We are making progress here. Jasper is starting to sleep longer stretches and is relatively easy to comfort back to sleep in the middle of the night. He'll now often have a quick cuddle and then lie down half asleep and go back to sleep. Bedtimes are still hard as he wont go to sleep till 9pm and although I try every night to just lie with him in his bed, I still end up rocking him off to sleep standing up. I have found that repetitive singing of "Mockingbird" especially with a croaky sore throat induces a near sleep-like state (in us both!).

The hardest time, though, is at about 530am. I have vowed this time not to shift from my "no boob before 6am" rule as I'm sure that contributed to the trouble I had last time. So there's a bit of screaming and a lot of singing and rocking at about 530 but he usually goes back to sleep till after 6am eventually.

Thanks to all for the advice and support getting through this. I am consoling myself with the fact that this is the last time I will be nightweaning! And after all, isn't he cute when he's asleep?

8 comments:

misschris said...

awww, such a sweetie.

Justin said...

Good luck! We look forward to the return of a well rested blogogenic Penny!

Rosebank Magic said...

Beautiful!

Milie said...

We think of you Penny ;-0 You're a caring and brave Mum!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh they're all so angelic when they're asleep :)

JoJK said...

How seRAPHic he looks...it is so hard to believe the stories you've been telling!

Well done!

Jo

screamish said...

I have a goof friend going through the same thing..I think she ended up taking him to "sleep school" ...and again at 2,5 yrs old..could be seperation anxiety??

all this ahead of me..bon courage!

The Late Bloomer said...

Wow, sounds like you've been so brave and strong getting through this tough period with Jasper -- and like I said, I'm going to need all the advice I can get when our Little Bean arrives! Like Screamish, I have all of this ahead of me.

He is SUCH a cutie, that Jasper...