Monday, 5 May 2008

Spring cleaning!

Well, really it was spring tidying, as anyone who knows me can tell you, I'm not really the cleaning kind of person. But I did go through ALL the kid's clothes today and sorted out what can be worn this summer, what can be put away for next winter and what can be given to charity. I even rang Secours Populaire to find out when they are open so I don't lug my 4 bags of old clothes over there, only to find out they are closed. So with nice clean organized shelves, all we need are a few new summer clothes for Lily and we're set. Jasper still has lots of hand-me-downs to get him through. I miss all the hand-me-downs we used to get. Now, I've just got to get the 4 bags off to Secours Populaire before Lily the bower-bird starts going through them and putting them back in the cupboard.

7 comments:

misschris said...

We should trade off! I was just trying to decide what to do with all my kids clothes. Little S (age 3) has a ton of cute things if you´d like them. I can just ship them back in the container.

Penny said...

Misschris - that would be a great idea...but I think you'd come off the loser :-). Our hand-me-downs wouldn't be much use to you as most of them are size 9 and 12 month boys clothes that Jasper (being a littley) has only just grown out of. I got rid of all Lily's clothes up to size 3 before we came here. But are you into cloth nappies at all? I have a dozen medium fuzzi bunz that I'd love to give to a good home :-)

La casa nella prateria said...

Oh, I'd love the fuzzi bunz (if misschris don't, of course...).

Anyway, it's nice to have spring cleaning done, and some space in the cupboards. I need to do that, too!

Guera said...

I love how you're organising hand-me-down swaps on the blog!!

Guerita is a bower-bird like Lily. I have to spirit clothes and toys away while she's not looking or she'll insist on wearing them long after they are obscenely small! Chiq gets lots of hand-me-downs for obvious reasons, which doesn't bother her now, but she might not like it so much when she's older. I must admit that was one reason I was happy having 2 girls - two of the same sex makes clothing options so much easier!!

misschris said...

We use cloth diapers so a big YES because ours are looking pretty threadbare. I have lots of cute boys clothes for age 3 and soon probably age 4. I also have a few things for age 2 especially winter coats and things. I'm going to stash it all in the move for you :)

Can you e mail me? misschrisc(at)gmail(dot)com

Penny said...

Hi Misschris - its a deal! I'll send you an email :)

Sorry Claudia :(. But I do have some big baby items that I am thinking of getting rid of soon that will need homes - a really good chicco high chair (if you dont still have your's) and a portacot. I'll let you know, if you like, once I can be sure that Jasper wont use them again :-)

sue said...

徵信社,徵信,徵信,徵信社,外遇,尋人,徵信公司,徵信,抓姦,徵信,徵信社,外遇,抓姦,尋人,徵信社,徵信,抓 姦,抓姦,外遇,尋人,徵信公司,徵信,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,外遇,抓姦,尋人,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,外遇,尋人,徵信公司,徵信社,抓姦,徵信,外遇,徵信社,尋人,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信,徵信社,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,外遇,尋人,徵信公司,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,A片,抓姦,A片