Monday, 19 May 2008

Four bits of good news, for a change

Later this week, I'm going to a one-off yoga class for mums, with child care provided. It will be the first time I've left Jasper with someone other than family. I think he will do ok as he knows the two women who will be looking after him and he also knows the centre and the kids who'll be there. I cant wait to see how he goes. And I could really do with the yoga.

I also found out that I owe a certain australian government department not nearly as much money as I had estimated due to a bit of a mis-understanding.

Also someone said to be today, "but you speak french fluently now". Whilst frankly, I dont and I think we might have a bit of a difference in opinion as to what constitutes fluency, it was very nice to hear anyway.

And finally in July, we can expect a visit (I hope) from one of my oldest friends Lisa, who currently lives in the Caribbean. If I write it, she will come...

5 comments:

Justin said...

All of that is wonderful to hear. Enjoy the yoga class! Also great news on your progress with the language. I always love to hear complements like that, and I usually feel the same and find them hard to believe. But it does mean you are making incredible progress! Congrats.

F.O.T. said...

This is very cool! I love doing Yoga though I haven't done it in years... i have fond memories.

duckrazzle said...

A bulletin board-type site to talk about bloggers!



It’s brand new – get it going the way you would like to see it! New topics at will, and forums by request are yours for the asking.



Blogs are a wonderful way for the blogger to express his or her viewpoint…but they don’t allow much feedback if you happen to disagree, or if you really agree and want to amplify on it.



Razzlefratz.com provides a clean slate for you to vent…praise…flame…whatever.

Emily said...

It's always nice to hear how others see how well you speak French even though we might not believe them. I'm the same way with mine. I think I suck.

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Thats great..brilliant when things go right for once:-)