Tuesday, 8 April 2008

Time to choose


Its that time again. Time to dig out the Woman's Weekly cake book and decide what cake to make for Jasper's birthday next week. Like his sister before him, Jasper loves to spend time looking at all the cakes in the book. His favourite seems to be the number 4 birthday cake, which is a crossroads with cars. So I might try and improvise a bit. In an attempt to not be completely over the top, we have done the french thing and invited a few of Jasper's little friends for goûter. It will be a bit different to last year's bash at New Farm Park but I am really looking forward to it.

goûter. - afternoon tea

14 comments:

Emily said...

Happy early birthday to J!

steph said...

nous sommes ravies d'être invitées pour le goûter d'anniversaire de Jasper!
à jeudi Penny. bises.

Justin said...

Ah man, I want one! ;-)
Happy birthday to him.

Le Tigre said...

Happy Birthday to J!
Good old Womens Weekly...my mum sent me one recently! Of course it was all about princesses...

Rosebank Magic said...

His choice of cake would fit very well with our birthday present for him. It does sound a little complicated though, good luck.

The Late Bloomer said...

Oh, I'm a bit intimidated by learning to bake children's cakes, but I hope I can manage one of these days! They always look so incredibly impressive and complicated.

Hope you enjoy preparing little Jasper's cake! And I'm sure it will be a successful party.

screamish said...

Everywhere I go I see Womans Weekly cookbooks. Well- everywhere..I mean in the UK and a couple of European airports.

strange huh? they're good though, thats the thing...

HMMM...think I'll make a shepherds pie tonight, yeah....

Function of Time said...

Making Birthday cakes is so much fun!

Anonymous said...

I can`t wait to see the photo. good luck. Hugs to all Mimi

Anonymous said...

Changement de programme!! Claire et Nathan seront ravis de venir fêter l'anniversaire de Jasper!
A mercredi!
Françoise

Penny said...

Françoise - c'est super! Vous êtes touts bienvenue chez nous. J'espère que tout va bien avec Nathan

À mercredi, Steph et Françoise

Penny :)

steph said...

coucou Penny t'es taguée chez moi!!!! bisous et à demain...

Anonymous said...

So which cake did you end up baking?? Thandie can't wait to see some photos. Hope Jasper had a great day yesterday.

Spk soon
K
xx

Anonymous said...

Tous nos meilleurs voeux à ce beau jeune homme appelé Jasper et fèlicitations à sa grande soeur LIly et à ses charmants parents
mammy Silvana