Friday, 21 March 2008

Springtime in Annecy


Its officially spring now. The bulbs are up, the fountains are being turned on again and the boats are back on the lake. So what does it do? Why, it snows, of course! Not that I'm complaining. I was thrilled to wake up and see it was snowing this morning and it hasnt stopped yet. I zipped down to the vielle ville after dropping Lily at school as I wanted to see some snow on the toits there. There wasn't a lot, but there was enough to make me happy. I wonder how long it will take before snow becomes a nuisance rather than a novelty for me...

toits - rooftops

5 comments:

Emily said...

J'adore la neige! It's about time.

India J said...

I love the snow too but my poor daffodils are frozen in the garden..!

Function of Time said...

This picture is so famous for Annecy. I was looking at living in Annecy for a while before buying my house in Languedoc. I do love the snow and the cold...I'm going to melt in the South. Anyhoo.... It looks so nice there!

Grominou said...

Spring? There is still 5 feet of snow in my backyard...

Rupal said...

Living here in Mexico I have not really thought much about what season it is since we have the same weather pretty much year long. However, reading your post I suddenly got a taste of nostalgia for snow and crisp, cold air, and then that smell of spring in the air - the kind that suddenly emerges one morning after months of winter!

By the way, Annecy looks so charming and lovely from the pics you have posted on this blog.