Monday, 24 March 2008

Its still snowing

Its been snowing on and off all long weekend. Did I say long? I mean looooong! Due to our latest run of colds, we've been staying inside. But we ventured out this morning for a walk around the Pâquier and the vielle ville when it was snowing lightly. It was really magical. By special request, I've included some snow photos and videos for Thandie. (Sorry, Thand but the videos didn't condense well on you.tube, I think because all the falling snow just ends up looking very pixelated)

I find it really relaxing just sitting inside looking at the snow falling. It really makes me want to cook though. I've already made a huge pot of what I call my Cosmo soup - a wonderful minestrone made as close as I can get it to the minestrone we used to eat all the time at Cosmo, our favourite cheap café in the Valley. So we'll be making some apple and cinnamon muffins this afternoon. Other than that, I would be quite happy to just curl up in the warm and read my new BD, Dracula, if anyone would let me.






Vielle ville

Le chateau



The snow falling during lunch yesterday


Lily stomping on the frozen ice puddles and singing a song of her own creation about being a brise-glace (ice-breaking ship)

9 comments:

steph said...

moi j'en ai un peu marre de la neige...je veux du soleil, de la chaleur et mettre les doudounes & bonnets au placard!!!!!! bises...à bientôt.

Penny said...

Oui, je comprends Steph! Mais, pour nos australiens, c'est encore la nouveauté :)

À jeudi, peut-être...

Penny :)

Guera said...

It looks so pretty and I guess the novelty hasn't worn off, not like for the locals I bet!
It's hard to imagine for us as we sit here - it's Spring here also but the last few days have been 37-39C! I'm dreading summer already...

Anonymous said...

Thank you for all the beautiful photos of Lily and Jasper in the snow. Mum and Dad said they'll take us to the snow this winter, and we can't wait!!

Give Lil and Jas a big hug from us

love
Thandie and Sahara
xx

mammaclaudia said...

Annecy under the snow is very nice... and the kids always enjoy playing with the snow. But, like Steph, I NEED spring now!

Scrabblegrrl said...

Where I live in Oklahoma it has suddenly become clearly spring this week, with cool nights and warm days, sweaters optional in the late afternoons. It is wonderful to read of --and see!--snow in dear old Annecy.

Although I have only been there twice, it is dear to my heart and I love reading your blog. With the poor teacher's salaries here in Oklahoma and the downwardly spiralling dollar, I don't know if I will ever see it again, and must hope for my friends there to visit here. Meanwhile, I love reading your blog.

Also, as an early childhood educator, I love watching your children grow! The brisees-glace song was a delight.

Susan
Norman OK USA

Le Tigre said...

Wonderful photos, I agree watching snow fall whilst safely inside is very relaxing (and quite a novelty still!). And there is probably nothing that can top home made ministrone soup...I'm jealous!

screamish said...

MMMM Minestrone...

and what??? cosmo's café...the Valley..my damn compitape..if I wasnt homesick this week I am now...

Did you ever have hungover breakfasts at Rick's Café? Or was it Fatboy's. Or was that a pizza place?

Glad u appreciated Greg the stop sign. its completely demented but so tism.

Penny said...

Aah, Screamish, manys a drunken night I spent at Ric's in my late 20s and do you remember Sunny Side up, just up the road at the hotel on the corner (you're a bit younger than me I think, might have been before your time!). The ironic thing is that by the time we moved to McWhirters I had given up going out partying. Still I made the most of our position by eating a lot of $4 breakfasts at Fat Boys! I really miss those :)