Thursday, 13 March 2008

Expat parenting in France

Some of you who read this blog might know that before we moved to Annecy, David started up a website called Expat France. It was a great use to us when we first moved, helping us with lots of answers and enabling us to make some really good expat friends. But over the winter things have got pretty quiet there. So as David is really too busy to put in the effort required and I spent way too much time online anyway, I've decided to try and get things moving again there.

One idea I had was to create a parenting forum. I think one of the things I miss most being here is having that group of close friends that I can chat to about silly little parenting issues. Its still harder for me to do that in french than in english. So I asked David to create a new Parenting in France subforum (there are definite perks to being the webmaster's wife). So, check out the link to the new forum and post a question...go on, I dare you! If you're not already a member, sign up, its free!

Ok, shameless plug over...

3 comments:

Guera said...

Great idea Penny - I'm sure it'll be a really helpful place for all those expat parents living in France. If we were there, I'd definitely join up!!

Le Tigre said...

Oh I had no idea you two were behind that website! Well done.

Penny said...

Yeah, its David who started it. But its pretty dead now...These things need a critical mass to keep going.

:)