Friday, 28 March 2008

CPAM tip number 1

I'm not sure how many other expats this would apply to but I'll put it out there in case it helps anyone. Now that we have our social security number, I've been able to lodge many of my old feuilles with CPAM for reimbursement. I've had one rejected as it was missing the little sticker that the pharmacist *usually* takes off the box of medicine and sticks on the feuille. Without it, even though the bloody feuille is a receipt that you've paid for it, CPAM will apparently not reimburse it, at all. So always check before you chuck away the box, that the sticker is on your feuille. Of course, its not really a problem if its a cheap medicine but this was an expensive vaccination for one of the kids. Oh well, live and learn (although that's not what I was muttering as I left CPAM this morning!)

5 comments:

Jennie said...

Sometimes you can go back to the pharmacie where you bought it and get another sticker to put on your feuille de soins. I think the whole sticker thing is ridiculous too, though...

Penny said...

Thanks Jennie. I tried that too :). Because they don't keep it in stock, they didn't have another sticker to give to me. That's how the whole problem happened. They had to order it in, but gave me the feuille as I paid in advance. So when I picked it up, I had no idea I was supposed to keep the sticker. The pharmacist did give me a facture to prove (again) that I'd paid but that was dismissed out of hand by the woman at CPAM today. Its just rather ironic that the feuille was for two items. One cost 45€ and the other cost about 2€ - you can guess which sticker I lost!

:)

flo said...

oh my god! this is a very old way... now we have a "carte vitale" and no more paper with stickers! expat can not have an vitale card? if the answer is no, it is a shame... Now that you have a social security number, i think you will get it quickly, hopefully, it will made your days much easier!

Penny said...

Hi Flo

Yes, hopefully I wont have to worry about this so much once I get my carte vitale. It should be here soon...I hope!

:)

Milie said...

The problem is that they're not all already equipped with Carte Vitale system...