Wednesday, 20 February 2008

Time to move on

We're still at La Clusaz. My skiing is going pretty well, I think. David and I have been taking turns with the kids so that we both get to ski each day. Its worked really well, although I would love to be able to ski *with* David, but that's not going to happen just yet. For now, I'm on my own.

I've been down the green run in the village about 25 times and I feel like I'm ready to move on. I can stop and I can turn - its not stylish but its functional! We've had gorgeous sunny weather which is lovely for skiing but it has taken its toll on the piste - its getting pretty icy. And it fills up with ski schools in the afternoon which makes it a chore getting on the lift.

So tomorrow, we are all heading up to the Beauregard where we went for a walk in summer. We checked it out yesterday and its got two good green pistes and a creperie so we can take it in turns hanging out with Jasper. And hopefully, Lily will want to do some skiing. She's been a bit reluctant after getting off to such a good start.

But in the meantime, its time to head downstairs for another fabulous meal. The food here is amazing. I could get used to having a 3 course meal every night!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Sounds like a lovely vacation. See you soon!