Monday, 28 January 2008

Happy first birthday soupe du jour!

I just realized that I've been blogging for over a year. Although I have a few posts here from 2006, I really got into this blog in January 2007 just before David was due to leave for his (ultimately unsuccessful) apartment-finding mission in Annecy. Its been heaps of fun documenting our journey, keeping up with family and friends and making some new blogging buddies online and IRL.

I've spent a fun hour or two reading back over some of my old posts and the one I like the most? This one. It was written during a really hard week, when we were living in a tiny hotel room at Sevrier and it looked like our lease application might be about to fall through. Back in the days before we had a home or friends, yet we still managed to have a great celebration for Lily's fourth birthday. Well, and maybe I like it because its got a photo of my old brown hat that I loved, that *someone* managed to lose as he lugged all the suitcases from the vielle ville to our new home when we moved in a few weeks later!

6 comments:

The Late Bloomer said...

Happy Blogiversary, Penny! And you know what? You just reminded me: I was determined not to miss my one-year mark as well, and yet I went and let it pass me by -- it was only just a few days ago! Here's to more enjoyment blogging and sharing our stories and inspiration. I really love seeing the photos and stories of your adorable children! And those are just lovely shots of them from Lily's fourth birthday. I can understand why that's one of your favorites!

Grominou2 said...

Joyeux Bloganniversaire!

Colleen said...

It's amazing how fast a year goes. Congrats! Keep it up!

Emily said...

Happy blogiversary, Penny! I hope to see you soon. :)

French for a While said...

Keep it going. We like having a 'friend' in Annecy

Milie said...

C'est vrai que ca passe tres vite ! So exciting to see all the challenges you went through wity your family. Well done Penny! And it's only the beginning!
Take care