Saturday, 22 December 2007

We're off (again!)

After a bit of a delay, we're off to Italy for Christmas. Last time we went to Bologna we were quite a different little family group (definitely a quieter one). We went three years ago when Lily was just 18 months old. The three months we spent in Italy were a major influence on our decision to move here. I'd have been very happy to move to Italy, even though I speak no italian. But David does not speak much italian either (certainly not enough to be able to work there) so it had to be France (and of course, now I am very glad it was). I'll be without internet for *gasp* five days, but will post some Christmas pictures when I can. If anyone is interested in a quick peak around Bologna, check out my old blog, "Lily goes to Italy".

Joyeux Noël, everyone.

11 comments:

Guera said...

Have a great time in Italy and Merry Christmas to you and the whole family!
Looking forward to seeing your Christmas photos when you get back.

Grominou2 said...

Joyeux Noël, Penny, David, Lily et Jasper!

Anonymous said...

Hello Lovely people! Lovely to catch up with your blog. It{s been a while. Great recap of the last Italy christmas. Hope you have a lovely time and no stress. Will you be on trains? Give everyone a hug from me Marisa

French for a While said...

Enjoy Bologna. As you know, we love it. We have family from the States so we're going to take a few days to explore Milan during the holiday break!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Miles Away In France said...

Have a great trip to Italy you lucky thing.

Racheal x

Jennie said...

Hope you all had a Buon Natale in Italia !!!

mammaclaudia said...

I hope you're having a great time! Happy new year to you and your family.

Colleen said...

Bonjour and bonne annee,

I've read some of your past blog entries. They have been very helpful because I'm going to be moving to France this fall. However, I'll have to go through the hellish visa situation (I'm not married to a person who is a citizen of an EU nation).

I'll be reading more about your time in Annecy!

Guera said...

Hi Penny, Hope your Christmas and New Year were great and everything is well with you and the family... :)

Penny said...

Thanks for all the good wishes everyone!

good luck Colleen :)

The Late Bloomer said...

I hope you and your whole family had a wonderful time in Italy for the holidays, Penny! I'm just catching up on some older blog posts and I wanted to drop in my best wishes here for a wonderful New Year. Tous mes meilleurs voeux !