Monday, 19 November 2007

Un-slumping

You'll come down from the Lurch
with an unpleasant bump.
And the chances are, then,
that you'll be in a Slump

And when you're in a Slump
you're not in for much fun.
Un-slumping yourself
is not easily done



Oh, The Places You'll Go!
Dr Seuss

I am doing a lot better. It might be the fact that I'm getting over the gastro bug that both kids and I have had (fortunately at different times). Or that today was a milder 10 degrees which after our 2 degree weekend felt positively balmy. It could have been the two cups of strong bosnian coffee that my friend served up this morning. Or the fact that I have finally found a pair of boots I like in spoilt-for-choice-too-many-shoe-stores-Annecy (although they wont have my size until early December). Whatever it is, I'm definitely on the upswing again. Lists have been written, plans and playdates made. Yep, I'm on the way to un-slumping!

3 comments:

guera said...

I'm glad to hear you're on the upward swing. I definitely find my expat experience and mood/happiness with where I'm living is very up and down. I guess its the same at home though, some days you feel happy with everything, others are more difficult. Maybe its just all in more focus when you're in a new place and examining everything about your new life.
Its great that you have play-dates and birthday parties lined up. Making friends is really the key to it all and its not the easiest thing to do. Thank goodness for the little ones who are such great ice-breakers!

Rupal said...

I can completely relate to the slump and I agree with Guera about it being up and down. Some days I wonder if I am bipolar or in a constant state of PMS with all the mood swings I seem to have. It's great that you have some things to look forward to on the horizon.

Penny said...

Guera, you know you are right that we have these days back home too - maybe they just seem worse out of our comfort zone

Thanks Rupal :)