Thursday, 25 October 2007

À Bientôt

Today we farewelled our first house-guests. We have been lucky enough to have a visit from not only Lily and Jasper's italian grandparents (Nonno Piero and Nonna Silvana) but also their great grandmother (Nonna Marù). And for the first time we all have, in french, a common language. It was so nice to hear 3 languages spoken in our home - french, english and italian. It was also the first chance Lily has had to speak to her relatives in french rather than english. And she chattered and sang away...

Among the many lovely gifts we received was a special one for me - Nonna Silvana's lovely old knitting bag filled with lots of needles of all different sizes! Thanks again.

I didnt get a photo of the lovely fondue (my first) that we ate in the vielle ville - must have been something to do with the toddler who wouldn't go to sleep - but here is one I took at breakfast...

4 comments:

French for a While said...

Our first visitors (my wife's parents...and yes, we get along very well) arrive in about three weeks. Our kids are so excited to see 'pop-pop' and 'Gigi' again.

guera said...

How nice to have family close by (well, closer than Australia!). Our 'steady stream' of visitors began 6 weeks ago and doesn't end till January with only a few weeks off here and there. Nice to have them all but its a bit exhausting.
BTW, I love your wooden floors! I have been lamenting all the hard tiles in our place - not so great with a crawling baby.

Milie said...

I'm jalous for the fondue! I miss it! But I'll fix that in December as I'll be in France for holidays ;-0 Have a great w-e Penny, hope you like Falls there.

Miles Away In France said...

We just had visitors leave, the house seems quiet without them.

How lovely to receive all those knitting needles, just think how many things they have made.

Racheal x