Sunday, 30 September 2007

Busy

The weeks are flying by these days. Jasper and I have found a playgroup to go to, which will help me with my french and help him to learn to socialize with other kids his age. Its a nice group run by the local community centre and they have lots of really good toys and books. David had an exhausting but productive day at Ikea and our furniture should be arriving in the next two weeks. We had a great picnic yesterday with some of the members of Expat France. Mother Nature very kindly stopped the rain for a day and even gave us a bit of sunshine on the Pâquier.

Next week is a busy one too. I have to go back to the Préfecture as my recépissé is about to expire. But I dont have quite everything I need yet for my carte de séjour so I'm hoping to get a bit more time. I'll be letting David handle this one! And Thursday will be a big day as we have Jasper's appointment with the orthopaedic surgeon to follow up about this hip. Fingers crossed that its all looking as it should and he wont need another operation.

6 comments:

WWG said...

Hi, Good Blog :)
Look from quebec Canada
http://www.wwg1.com

WWG :)

Grominou2 said...

Busy week! Fingers crossed that you will get good news on all fronts!

guera said...

Good luck with both your appointments next week. We are now down to yearly visits with the paed orthopaedic surgeon for Guerita's feet. Even though her operation was 4 years ago and to me her feet look fine, I still hold my breath every time we go.
Hope that you're able to extend your time for red-tape requirements too - dealing with bureaucracy is so much fun, isn't it!

The Late Bloomer said...

The picnic sounds like it was nice! I joined a blogger friend for a picnic Saturday afternoon too, and the weather did cooperate for us. I've got stuff going on this coming week -- actually over the next few weeks! -- and I'm hoping to be able to balance it all...

Crossing fingers for your carte de séjour -- I know how much of a pain all that is! And I hope all goes well with Jasper at the doctor's -- sending you good vibes and warm thoughts!

Penny said...

Thanks Grominou!

Guera - I'm sure you know how I feel. I'm starting to feel anxious. By Wednesday it will have developed into gut churning nerves and by Thursday I'll be snapping at everyone! I cant wait till its over

Thanks Late Bloomer for the good thoughts and vibes :)

mimi said...

Good luck with the appointment for Jasper. Really cute u tube clip. Hugs to all MG