Monday, 27 August 2007

One of those days

Maybe it was the full moon but Jasper just would not go to bed last night. Finally at about 930pm, I put him in the sling, grabbed my book and marched out the front door in a huff! It was pretty quiet up our end of town but it was all happening in the vielle ville. Relaxed looking tourists were just settling down to eat their tartiflette and fondue savoyard. I finally got the little darling off to sleep, sat down in a café and ordered a chocolat viennois. As I sat there looking at the beautifully lit vielle prisons, I realized that in 3 months, I had not set foot outside our apartment alone at night. How strange. I read a bit of my book and then just wandered around. Almost alone.


chocolat viennois - hot chocolate with an obscene amount of cream on top
vielle prisons - the old prisons - one of Annecy's most famous landmarks, you know, the funny pointing looking building in the middle of the canal

3 comments:

Rosebank Magic said...

If the moon was a problem for Jasper last night what will he be like with tonight's eclipse?

Rosebank Magic said...

Oooh!! the chocolate sounds wonderful.

Emily said...

A good book, hot chocolate, and a gorgeous view...sounds great to me!