Saturday, 4 August 2007

My first day of flylady

Flylady, for those who've never heard of it, is a yahoo group you join and which as far as I can tell bombards you with e-mails designed to help you keep your home clean, organized and uncluttered. Considering that we have only been here a month and we are already tripping over clutter, I think I need all the help I can get. Housework has never been my forté, so I'll see if I can stick with this. The first thing they get you to do is to clean your kitchen sink till it shines. This was a bit tricky as its an enamel sink and it hasnt taken kindly to the coffee grounds that someone dumps there a few times a day. So I got out the cif (or jif as we know it!) and scrubbed and scrubbed. And while its not exactly shining, its a heck of a lot better than it was.

6 comments:

Rosebank Magic said...

Many years ago, in my youth, Ha ha, women's mags were full of helpful hints about how to keep your home clean, your children fed and your husband happy. So I shouldn't be surprised to hear that the chat rooms have taken over. However you dress it up though housework is never high tech and not very satisfying. If I can remember some of those cheery little hints Ill email them to you.
Love M

Justine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Justine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Justine said...

Hey Penny,

Since you mentioned a few posts ago that you had started running again, I just had to drop you a quick line to tell you I did the 12 km Bridge to Brisbane today. I wasn't very fast, but kept plodding along and finishing was my goal to prove I am more than just a fat, lazy mother.

Scrubbing your sink 'til it shines? Go for a run instead! Life is too short.

J

Penny said...

Well thanks Mum, but with the 15 or so daily emails from Flylady I think I've got enough to go on with :)

Justine - well done on the Bridge to Brisbane! And I agree, life is too short to scrub sinks but with 4 of us and the cat in 80 square metres, a little bit of order just might help :)

Jo said...

I'm Flying again too - done it intermittently on and off, but saw myself on video, was utterly horrified (ow, Rafael has tweezers and is trying to cut my toenails with them) and decided I needed all the movement I could get! Came home from seeing Martin's Mum in Brisbane (she has lung cancer, so a difficult, teary, crazy time)and fired my au pair. Can actually keep the house tidier with Flylady than with house help! Go Penny!

Jo