Saturday, 18 August 2007

La Piscine

I'd been a bit nervous about going to the pool. I'm always worried about doing the wrong thing here or offending someone and the pool, with all its rules about showering, seemed rather daunting. So, it was nice to go today for the first time with the kids and our new friends. It was a gorgeous afternoon and we all had a lot of fun. And my friend was able to show me the ropes.

Though realistically, I'm sure I would have been fine. I had forgotten that once inside there were separate entrances for dames and meisseurs but I probably would have worked that out. And I could hardly have missed the enormous douche obligatoire signs. In fact, we didnt shower as my friend explained it wasnt necessary when only going to the outdoor kid's pool. But I think I would have been stumped when faced with the question of how to get the running pram across the 5 inch deep piscine à pied for washing one's feet. Still, the answer was obvious - just push it through and take it with you. So a great afternoon at the pool and clean pram wheels to go home with! Vive la difference!

3 comments:

Rose said...

Bravo, my dear! I am so glad you were able to go to the pool and have a good time! When do you think you are going again?
After you posted about chocolate for breakfast, I gave Boom some! Dark, of course! Needless to say, I was told I am a very wonderful mama that day!

Miles Away In France said...

I am yet to visit the piscine in France but after reading your post I will be better prepared.
Racheal x

Penny said...

Rose - I think we'll go again soon. We've got to make the most of this sunshine before it gets cold! Glad Boom like his choccie for breakkie!

Racheal - Go for it if you get the chance! Next up I have to try the indoor pool when it reopens :)