Sunday, 5 August 2007

Fête du Lac

They've been celebrating the Fête du Lac in Annecy in one form or another since 1860, when Napoleon III came to Annecy to attend the festivities celebrating the incorporation of the regions of the Savoie and Haute-Savoie into France.

I wish I had a great photo to share of the Fête last night. But I dont. I even thought of knicking someone else's photo off Flickr, but that's taking this blogging thing a bit too far. Suffice to say, it was incredible. Just imagine the best fireworks you've ever seen, minus the crappy FM104 soundtrack if you saw it in Brisbane, add some amazing classical and funky music, and a laser light show and then multiply it by ten. That's what we saw from our balcony last night.

1 comment:

Emily said...

We watched it from our balcony too. It was pretty impressive. I hope to actually pay for a spot on the grass next year. Normally, it falls on the eve of our anniversary dinner.