Wednesday, 18 July 2007

I did it!

I answered my first telemarketing phonecall! I've been really nervous since the phone line got connected as when the phone rings...you have to answer it and who knows who it could be. Also, I feel like some kind of Faulty Towers reject when I try and say "allô" in french. And we'd only had it connected about an hour when the first telemarketer rang. Fortunately David got that one. But today I got my own and managed to understand the whole thing. She was trying to sell us an internet connection so it was a pretty quick call. But at least I knew what it was about....

2 comments:

Piero P Giorgi said...

How exiting answering the phone! I will call to sell you something for a test run. Anyhow, I would suggest this answer fro telemarketing:
"Ma chère Madame (or Mon cher Messieur) cette maison n'accepte pas les appels téléphonique commercials. Je vous rappel aussi que vous n'avais pas le droit de déranger une maison privée avec des promotions commerciales. Je vous souete una bonne journée."

Penny said...

Ha ha! I think I'll just use them to practice my french :)