Friday, 11 May 2007

Mistakes and goodbyes

Its 5 days to go and we're all ready. I've even started packing the suitcases. There was a bit of a hiccup the other day when I realized that I had packed Lily's birth certificate and I need to be able to produce it when I enter France to prove I'm her mum (as part of the requirements for me to enter without a visa). Luckily I was able to get a new one on Tuesday with no hassles. Then, when I was arranging to disconnect all the utilities next week, I managed to cut off the internet at home - not good! But I'm sure I told her the right date. Of course, Telstra offered us a free dial up account in the meantime that doesnt work! It just makes me wonder what else I might have forgotten...

I've started saying goodbyes to all my friends - its really hard. I'm really going to miss them all. And today we farewell Puddy. She is off to a cattery for about 6 weeks until we find our new home and then we'll fly her over. I hope she travels ok - she's no spring chicken - but as David says "No Giorgi left behind".

1 comment:

Space Mom said...

5 days! That is so amazing!

I am so excited for you!