Tuesday, 20 February 2007

Facing my secret fear

What a great day! Daddy is home. It seems like he has been gone such a long time. I took Jasper in for his appointments. His cast took about 10 minutes to cut off - he screamed the whole time. The brace went on very quickly - he screamed through that too. Then I was able to pick him up and give him a cuddle and some boob. The shape of the brace will make nappying a challenge again for a while but it also means I can cuddle him close in an upright position - I have really missed that! I'd trade that for a few leaky nappies any day (she says on the first day!). He ended up having 2 xrays as the first one was not in a good position - he screamed through both of them too, of course. The surgeon says his placement looks good so we do six weeks in the brace and then get some more xrays. And then I asked the question I have been secretly worrying about ever since we got the news about Jasper's hips, "should we be having Lily's hips checked?" He offered to check them for us and she screamed while he did so, despite a jelly bean bribe. Her hips checked out ok and he said he'd be very surprised if there was a problem. That's good enough for me.

No comments: