Tuesday, 6 February 2007

Better not get my hopes up...

Its lucky that its David over there not me. He has such a level head whereas I get excited about the first apartment that sounds even reasonable and get carried away making plans. He has seen about 5 or 6 apartments now. Two were in large modern tower blocks that, although liveable, were nothing special. And they overlooked the cemetary which he is not keen on, although it wont be as noticeable once there are leaves on the trees. One is in an art deco building and we have seen it advertized on the internet for a few months now. David was not initially keen on the area but seems to have changed his view on that a little. The apartment is not very big but has lovely high ceilings and he says it has a "homely" feel to it. It overlooks a small square and is very close to the school in the vielle ville. But another family has started a dossier on it which means unless they decide not to take it, we cant apply. Straight away, I started hoping they would change their minds or it would fall through for some reason. Then David told me that they need to find out if the small lift will accomodate their daughter's wheelchair. That brought me back down to earth for a bit as I contemplated how hard it must be to find a nice apartment suitable for a child with a disability....so I wish them luck and hope it fits....and hope that somewhere out there is the right apartment for us too.

1 comment:

Space Mom said...

Goo dluck with the apt hunt.