Tuesday, 16 January 2007

APT musings

Today I took the kids to the Asia-Pacific Triennial of Contemporary Art (APT). I remember going to the APT in 2001 just after I had been told I had a fertility issue. At the time, in my maudlin and superstitious way, I remember wondering whether I would be pregnant by the time the next APT rolled around in 3 years. Little did I know at that time, that the news I had just received would be far outweighed by much sadder events along our journey to our family. But 3 years ago, we joyously took our long awaited 7 month old Lily to my second APT. And this year, I went with both Lily and Jasper and it was great! And once again, as I do almost every day, I marvelled at these two wonderful children we have in our lives. And I have to admit, I did just wonder whether I will ever go to another APT. Who knows what life has in store for us next...

No comments: