Thursday, 10 August 2006

Some decisions

Its been a while but we are getting somewhere. Most importantly, we have made some decisions. We will be moving to Annecy in May 2007. Its a town of about 50 000 people on Lake Annecy in the French Alps. It will be much colder than we are used to in winter but David thinks the skiing will make up for that! It looks like a really beautiful spot to raise a family and I'm really happy with our decision - although I've never even been there. David will head over there in January next year to organize an apartment to rent. Next up, I have confirmed what I understood about the long stay visa. I have to apply for the visa here and then apply for a carte de séjour when we get there. Lots of paperwork but that's ok - it would all be so much easier if we were married - but so long as I give them everything they need I *should* get one. I'm waiting to hear back from Cani-excel (a pet relocation firm) about moving Puddy but as David rightly pointed out - its August and they're probably on holidays! I'll try them again in September. And I've started throwing out junk - how liberating!

No comments: